This guide has been created to help applicants understand the application requirements, procedures and regulations of the XPLORER PRIZE.
- I. Application Period
- (1) Applications will be accepted from January 1 to April 15, 2021.
- (2) Applicants can log in to the XPLORER PRIZE website (www.xplorerprize.org) to submit applications.
- II. Application Requirements
- (1) Applicants should be born after January 1, 1975.
- (2) Applicants must have obtained the highest academic degree in their major.
- (3) Applicants are required to be engaged in full-time scientific research in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao.
- (4) Applications must be supported by recommendations from three experts (or two experts if the applicant is nominated) who hold professorships or above and specialize in the same field as the applicant.
- III. Application Channels
- (1) Nominators will be invited by the XPLORER PRIZE to nominate candidates each year. Each nominator must provide the information of two referrers in support of the nominee’s application.
- (2) Nominees will be contacted by the Secretariat of the XPLORER PRIZE by email to submit their applications.
- (3) Applications and supporting documents must be submitted by April 15, 2021.
- (4) Referrers must submit recommendation letters by April 30, 2021.
- (1) Applicants must submit materials and provide the contact details of three referrers by April 15, 2021.
- (2) The three referrers must then submit recommendation letters by April 30, 2021.
- IV. Required Information
- 1.Basic information
- Including personal information and research proposal.
- Including publications and academic honors.
- V. Application Guidelines
- Applicants shall in no way affect the review process; any such attempt will result in disqualification. If applicants are disqualified, they must wait until the following year to reapply.
Operations Committee of the XPLORER PRIZE